- Body Type: Coupe
- Full Service History
- 76,180 Km
- Year Built: 1998
- Trans: Automatic
- Ext color: Black Emerald Mica Metallic
- Int color: Spruce (Green)
The Bentley Continental ‘T’ is a special motor car and comparatively rare, with just 321 examples gliding out the doors of the Crewe factory between 1996 and 2002. The ‘T’ differed from the ‘R’ having a shorter wheelbase, sportier handling, and an increase in BHP from 400 to 420, but more significantly with a stump-pulling 650lbs/ feet of torque, the highest of any road car at the time and higher even than any F1 car from the 1997 season.
Backgrounds of this model
– The Bentley Continental T is a shortened edition (4 inch, 10 cm shorter) of the Bentley Continental R with a more powerful engine and tailored chassis.
– The Continental T has no predecessor or successor but is a model besides already existing models, so also besides the Continental R.
– The engine had been upgraded to 420 bhp.
– 18 inch wheels.
– Engine-turned polished aluminium facia finish. Straight-grain mahogany waistrails.
– Chrome bezel surrounds to the individual gauges.
– The first Continental since 1955 to have an engine start button.
– Vaned grille in body colour, later matrix grille.
Model year 1998
– Matrix grille.
– Perforated leather.
– Leather and aluminium on the door cappings.
– Gear selector knob in chrome.
– The red engine start button relocated from the console onto the centre panel of the facia.
This particular, left-hand drive, German-supplied (Auto Becker), Continental ‘T’ was first registered on 30th September 1997 (MY 1998) and is finished in the delectable colour combination of Black Emerald Mica with a Spruce leather interior.
We have full documentation with the car, including invoices with all original books.
The service record book of ‘CX67002’ is stamped accordingly:
22 October 1997. Auto Becker, Germany. 3,264 km
08 December 1999. Hessing, the Netherlands 10,952 km
23 September 2003. Hessing, the Netherlands. 21,932 km
10 February 2009. Pon Bentley, the Netherlands. 37,537 km
28 February 2013. Pon Bentley, the Netherlands. 47,781 km
19 March 2013. Louwman Exclusive, the Netherlands. 48,111 km (totalled 9,183.10 EURO)
23 February 2016. Brabo, the Netherlands. 67,613 km
11 November 2017. Veerman Classics, the Netherlands. 73,562 km
15 November 2018. Veerman Classics, the Netherlands. 75,882 km
In the winter of 2016 the Continental T was sent to Brabo, the Rolls-Royce & Bentley in the Netherlands for a big service and bring it up to ‘perfect driving condition’.
Dated 23 February 2016, invoice 20160357, totalled 9,013.87 EURO.
The odometer currently indicates 76,180 km and the Continental T comes with a Certificate of Conformity, a valid Dutch registration which can easily be used to register the car in every EU country, a valid Dutch APK (like MOT/TUV/CT) until 21th November 2019 and the normal manuals and handbooks in a ‘feel-good’ wallet.
This is a rare opportunity to enjoy the last of the line of the true ‘British’ Bentleys, 1 of only 321 Bentley Continental T’s manufactured.